Saturday, April 09, 2011

First practice... 10PM & 5AM

In light of beginning my 37th year, I am taking some time to discuss some new habits that I will be trying over the next month (in no particular order.)

Ok, so the first practice: going to bed at 10PM and getting up at 5AM. Yup, that's it. It seems pretty easy, right. I mean, it's not like 10PM or 5AM sneak up me. They happen every day...at the same time!

My challenge is that I have what my wife calls "fear of missing out", or FOMO for short. I am afraid if I go to bed too early, then I will miss out on something then I will miss the answer to world peace or the cure for cancer. I don't really think that, but I fool myself into thinking that whatever I may be doing or reading or watching is that significant.

However, I know that I function better when I am well rested (duh) and my day goes better when I begin with prayer, devotion, and reflection. (Yes, I have a keen perception for the obvious, it's a gift.) So I want to prevent my FOMO from keeping me from missing out on that which is important.

Thus the first practice: going to bed at 10PM and getting up at 5AM so that I am well rested and have plenty of time set aside for daily devotion and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment