Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who knew...

...that I was an amillenialist! (see below.) The scripture passage I am preaching on this week is Mark 13:1-8. This text is somewhat apocalyptic in nature. I have been doing some really interesting reading on the subject. My plan in preaching this passage is to share what we, as followers of Jesus who are of a Wesleyan bent, understand about 'end times.' In my research, I came across this little quiz. Here is how I scored:


You scored as Amillenialist. Amillenialism believes that the 1000 year reign is not literal but figurative, and that Christ began to reign at his ascension. People take some prophetic scripture far too literally in your view.

Amillenialist


100%

Moltmannian Eschatology


65%

Preterist


55%

Dispensationalist


40%

Premillenialist


25%

Left Behind


5%

Postmillenialist


0%

What's your eschatology?
created with QuizFarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment