Monday, June 11, 2007

Annual Conference Blogging...

Today is the first day of the Annual Conference of the VA Conference. (Essentially the annual business meeting of the United Methodist Church in Virginia.) I am trying to keep an open mind about the work to be done and the impact it might have for the kingdom of God. I must confess, I am skeptical about the impact of these few days here but I as I said I am trying to keep my cynicism and skepticism at bay.

I will post updates as the week goes along. This is the most prepared I have been for an annual conference in that I read a lot of the reports ahead of time. This morning should be pretty boring...but they have WiFi (free) here in the Roanoke Civic center, so I will find productive ways to occupy my time...

No comments:

Post a Comment