Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sermon Writing...

Well, I am in my 3rd week of having my sermon written by Tuesday. What a liberating feeling. It is not a final draft by Tuesday, but at the very least it is a manuscript that can be shaped and molded for the rest of the week.

Last week I didn't have a manuscript done by Tuesday and I'll use Annual Conference as the reason. Preaching seemed to go okay without a manuscript - i've been preaching that way for the past four years.

However I am pleased for the new discipline of writing something out ahead of time. I think it helps to clarify thoughts for me since I process my ideas by getting them out of my head either into spoken or written word (hence the name of this blog.)

So far this "new" habit is working well. I just hope I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment