Monday, May 09, 2011

BIG IDEA from the One-Month Experiment

It's been a month since I wrote about committing to four practices. Three of the four were successful:


The one practice that I wasn't successful with was regular exercise.  I want to change that.

So, here's my idea:

For the next two months (from now until the beginning of July) I am going to lead "group" workouts. 
(Note: "group" equals whoever shows up. If no one shows up, then I will run with my good friends "me, myself and I."  Either way, I am meeting my goal of exercising three times a week.)

Here are the details:

WHEN:  Three times a week (M, W, and F) at 5:45AM.  The "workout" begins promptly at 5:45AM, and will not last more than an hour.

WHERE:   I will post the location and distance in three places:  here, Facebook, and Twitter by 8PM of the night before. (You can friend me on FB or follow me on Twitter - bennettvt.) Workouts won't start in the same location twice in a row.  We will meet up at the church, the local library, or one of the neighborhood community building parking lots.   (All start locations will be within 5-8 minutes of the church.)

WHAT:  Workouts won't be the same twice - some days it will just be running, some days we will incorporate other "goodies" into the run. (i.e. push-ups, pull-ups, lunges, sit-ups, etc.) Most days we will do between 3 and 4 miles.  No work out will ever go over 5 miles.

WHO:  Anyone can participate - just be prepared to do the distance. The motivation and accountability of exercising with others can be fun!  If you choose to participate you are responsible for yourself. Your mother will not be there to watch over you. (Unless of course you choose to bring your mother, in that case make sure she's ready to exercise.)

I am curious to see how all this turns out.  I look forward to seeing some of you at 5:45AM on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment