Tuesday, September 05, 2006

witness...

I just witnessed something that bothered me very much and I can't quite explain why. without going into too many boring details - i just saw a panera employee curse out another employee, dropping the f-bomb and calling her white trash. i can't explain why, but I was rather offended. I don't consider myself a prude and its not like I haven't witnessed people's meanness to each other before. but for some reason this interaction made me really sad.

I think the woman behind the counter could sense my discomfort and disgust, because she gave me my order for free.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:25 AM

    I know I feel very angry and embarrassed for a person if I see them getting "dressed down" in public like that. The things that offending person said were just cruel, designed to strip that person of their dignity. Just the opposite of what Jesus would say to a person.

    ReplyDelete