Friday, April 13, 2007

Vacation Update...

Jill and I have really enjoyed our time at the beach. It has been relaxing and refreshing. We leave the beach today and head up to Richmond for a quick visit with my family before heading on to Marshall tomorrow.

We were able to make it to the beach one day (yesterday) where Jill acquired a sunburn to match all sunburns. (ouch!) She likes to make fun of me whenever we go to the beach, because I try to cover every square inch to avoid getting burned...who's laughing now! (Don't tell her I said that.) The water was extremely cold. I decided to be manly and run into the water...when I dove under the water and the cold of the water stole my breath, I decided that being manly isn't really all its cracked up to be and promptly ran back out of the water.

We ran into a group of folks from a previous church on Monday evening. They invited us over for a delicious seafood meal the next evening. We enjoyed hanging out with these folks in a different context, and getting to meet some new folks. The rest of our vacation has been spent just the two of us. Its been really nice.

Those were just a few of the "highlights" from our trip. Good stuff! Now its the time has come to make our way back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment