Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday Evening Update (on Monday Morning)

the weekend that was: Kind of a low-key weekend. We made some goodies for our upcoming open house this Sunday. I got to do a fair amount of reading this weekend which is always a plus. Last night we had the kids Advent program at church - fantastic!! They were adorable!

on my to-do list this week: Christmas Eve service, trying to get the bulletins for the next few weeks as far along as possible, and spending some time working on our leadership training event in the middle of January.

procrastinating about: (this should come as no surprise) Christmas shopping

book i’m in the midst of:
I just started two interesting and very different books - The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria and Body-Piercing Saved My Life: Inside the Phenomenon of Christian Rock by Andrew Beaujon. The first book is an attempt to look at the world and how it is changing in light of shifts in politics, economics, and culture - kind of a mile wide and an inch deep. The second book is the opposite - an inch deep and mile wide look at the Christian music subculture.

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: because I have been doing a lot of work at Starbucks over the past couple of weeks, I have been thinking a lot about the various versions of different Christmas/Holiday songs. KT Tunstall's 2000 Miles from this album really caught my attention.

how i’m feeling about this week: I'm feeling pretty good about the week and I will feel better once I get some of the things on my to do list done!

No comments:

Post a Comment