Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunday Evening Update (on Monday morning)

The Weekend: We had lots of family in town to participate in Henry's baptism with us yesterday.  We had a great time eating lots of food, sharing stories, and being together.  We had a family friend do the baptism so that I could participate as a parent not the officiant.   That was really nice.

To-do This Week:  Organize the office - closing out 2008 and getting files and such ready for 2009. Plus I am preaching at our District's leadership training event this Saturday, so I need to get ready for that.

Procrastinating: Working on the leadership training day for our church...

Book I'm in the Midst of: For Christmas I got Thorstein Veblen's The Theory of the Leisure Class.  It was first published in 1904.  A very interesting economic and sociological look at a how humans choose to stratify themselves.  This is the book where the term "conspicuous consumption" was first coined.

Music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Still reaching back to the past I stretched back to middle school by purchasing Run-DMC's greatest hits.  Its pretty "bad" stuff. ("not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good!" - if you can name the song that lyric comes from I will send you a prize.)

How I am feeling about this week: I feel pretty good.  I am really enjoying having time together with family and look forward to a day or two of downtime this week to ring in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment