Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday Evening Update

The weekend that was: Had a nice weekend with Jill's parents in town. Had Outback take-out for dinner (you can now place your order on-line! Sweet!) one night. We decorated our tree Friday night - our first fake Christmas tree in 7.5 years of marriage! It looks pretty good. Worship went okay this morning. The sanctuary looks great decorated for Advent/Christmas seasons.

On my to-do list this week:
Work on my sermons for rest of Advent and my sermon for the Winchester District Leadership training event on Jan 3.

Procrastinating about:
Sermon writing...see the to-do list above. :)

Book I'm in the midst of: Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. I really enjoy the pseudo psychology/economic/sociological books. Gladwell shares very interesting research from a variety of sources on how the brain can think and make assessments within in a relatively short period of time in before our conscious mind is aware of it.

Music that caught my attention: Celtic Christmas. We enjoyed this soothing album as we decorated the tree. Very nice.

How I am feeling about the week:
I'm feeling okay about the week. I feel like I've been in a slump of late where I haven't felt quite myself. I am, however, looking forward to a quick trip to NY see my Dad this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment